Driver irql not Less or Equal: Windows is Popular and most used operating system in the world because of an easy user interface. But windows also have some of the Errors. irql_less_or_not_equal error is one of them. When this error appears your screen turns into a dark Blue screen of Death (BSOD). After BCD error occurs windows start automatically reboot to your system. So, it’s hard to detect error irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 but before the restart, it shows irql_less_or_not_equal windows on Display. This post will help you to fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Error in Windows 10/7/8.
How to fix Driver irql_less_or_not_equal error on Windows 10?
This error can cause many Problem on your PC. This error indicating your system driver facing difficulty in communicating with the hardware. We always recommend our viewers to take backup of your important data Regularly. There are many problems the user reported which is listed below.
- Some user listed that error causing after when you overclocking windows System they will facing error.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal on startup: This error display when you start your computer its a BSOD error. This error pushes your computer into the restart loop.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal McAfee, AVG, Avira, Kaspersky: If you install additional malware software then that third-party application will be generating Error.
- Driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 blue screen: This error is Death error it will crash your PC when it appears.
Reasons for BSOD error
- Software Update or Changes
- If you used Corrupt drivers.
- Incomplete Windows Installation During booting.
- Many People do Overclock their PC.
- Insufficient Ram Management
- Hardware or Motherboard Failures
- Corrupted.SYS Files Using
There are many more reasons available for causing driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10/8/7 Error. Below we have Given to fix those Error. Check Every Method Hope your Windows device will go fixed.
Method1: Update All Windows Drivers and BIOS
Sometimes irql_less_or_not_equal error happens because of the old Driver files or Missing of the important driver files. We always Recommend to Install Drivers from only the Laptop or PC Manufacturing website. The other third-Parties website Insert malicious code in it. Before downloading Drivers check is it compatible with your Device Model. Every Model number has own motherboard so download Correct Model Numbers Drivers.
To find which Driver is missing or outdated Follow this below method.
- Right click on My computer (windows 10 user This PC).
- Now Click on Manage Button.
- After it tries to find Device Manager in the left Menu & Open it.
- Now Check manually which driver file is missing of your Computer Parts.
Now also download BIOS file from the Manufacture site and Install it Properly. Then Reboot your computer. If driver irql not less or equal error still occurs then try the Second Method.
Method2: Check your Motherboard
Driver irql_less_or_not_equal and other Blue Screen of Death errors can appear because of the motherboard failure or some hardware fails in the motherboard. If your hardware is failure sometimes sound or smell comes from the motherboard.
Must Check your cooling fan is working completely or not. sometimes cooling fan not working because of that your motherboard faces Overheat issue. Any hardware part will be gone the failure.
Method3: Event Viewer to solve driver irql_less_or_not_equal
Windows provides a built-in tool for the detect windows error. Using the Event Viewer it automatically identifies the which issue device is facing. Type the Event Viewer in the search bar or Cortona it will be easily displayed the event viewer. The Event viewer has a list of all critical errors, System warnings, and messages with time & date. You can check manually which error caused issues & solved it there.
It’s a lengthy process to complete it takes time but you can definitely identify the problem. If the reason for the error is the outdated driver or missing driver then download the latest version driver from the manufacture site. Then first remove old driver then try to install the new driver.
To update Drivers Follow the Method Number one. When you completely install the driver then restart your windows device.
Method4: Stop Overclocking of the Device
The Computer System Processing runs according to the frequency range which GHz you provided to it. If you changed and set to high it will boost your computer system Performance.
Remove the Asus AI overclocking a tool is a powerful tool if you installed in your windows system and Change the frequency Power of ram then set the Over Clocking system as a factory default. The driver irql_less_or_not_equal error is solved now.
If you want to use the again Overclocking tool then download the latest version of overclocking software then used it. This time set the GHZ which not causing the error.
Method5: Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
Our team also noted that you can also rid error sometimes simply by just updating the windows wireless Network Adapter & Audio adapter drivers. Download the Drivers According to the computer model and according to specifications. You can find your model number on Product bill or Backside on Computer or Laptop. You can also update the driver automatically. To download the Latest adapter driver follow these steps.
- Open the Cortona and type “Device Manager” and Press Enter.
- Locate the Network adapters then right click on it and Disable it
- Now Connect the Ethernet cable to your PC directly from the router.
- Again open Network adapter and right click and choose Update Driver Software this time.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, wait till the windows 10 downloads the driver.
This is the easiest method to download Network adapter drivers if you don’t know your device model number. After Download the drivers Install Proper it & Reboot your Windows System.
Method6: Anti-Virus/Firewall Tools
Kasper sky, Avg antivirus like awesome third-party security tools available for the additional security. Sometimes this third party tool interferes with windows system regular performance and starts to stop important updates.
Removing to antivirus tool solve the issue and resolve the error code driver irql_less_or_not_equal problem. Once the error resolved you can again installed it if you want.
Method7: Reset your Windows 10 System
Handling error so creepy I understand your Pain, Try this last method if all methods are failed.
Note: Using this method your all file will b deleted and settings of Windows 10. This will also delete the all your system software which is you installed. We request to turn off your antivirus to avoid license Validity.
First, take the backup of your all important files and after restore it when error got solved. Follow the Below steps.
- Go to System Settings & Click on the Recovery.
- Click on Reset this PC & Remove Everything from the Windows 10.
We always recommend you to keep update your bios settings. And When you upgrade driver that time download windows 10 Driver from your device Manufacture Site.
In this Post, We Posted a detailed guide on how to solve driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10. If you still have any query regarding this then comment Below our team tries to Help you.