Windows is a most Popular Operating System in the World but it also has so many Errors in it. Error 0x8007042c is one of them. Error code 0x8007042c is a common its show when you are trying to Update Windows system. It arises for Windows 7, 8, and 10 users. This error can also pop up when we are trying to access the windows firewall settings. Some researchers also claim that 0x8007042c error facing when we try to windows 10 modifying windows System & when we update system apps. The Reason behind this Error code 0x8007042c is a Windows Firewall.
Error Code 0x8007042c is a Microsoft Windows Firewall Error. That’s very irritating you can’t update your Pc or want to do some changes by your self. This error stops you to turn on Firewall on your Windows PC/Laptop. Firewall is used for the network Security in Windows.
Firewall Basically Provides network Security Layer to internal network an outside network which is insecure. When 0x8007042c error occurs it’s displayed in Popups “0x8007042c” error message when you try to start Windows Firewall.
Shown in images that type Popup will you see on your the Windows 7/8/10 PC or Laptop. I Personally recommend you do not use any automatic software. Do Manually by your Self. The windows have given the name each and every error. This Error Code 0x8007042c used for this below Errors.
0x8007042c Error Causes:
- Firewall service is disabled
- Malware infection
- Registry corruption
How to Solve Error 0x8007042c in Windows PC/Laptop?
In this article, I described you three Method to solve Error Code 0x8007042c. You try any of three and your error will be solved Easily.
There’s a three method to solve Error Code 0x8007042c
- Start Firewall Manually
- Remove Malware
- Repair the Registry
I am sure these methods will Help you to solve windows Firewall Error Code 0x8007042c. We recommend you if you are using Windows 7 then Upgrade PC to Windows 10
Start Windows Firewall Manually
Using this method you can directly Start Windows Firewall Manually. Follow the Step by Step Guide it will be easy for you to solve Error Code 0x8007042c. I suggest you do it Manually because of so many people added malicious code in this type of application and it’s very dangerous for your PC. You can start the Firewall services and remember that they will start automatically in the future.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Start Button on screen, and then type Services in the Search box.
- Press Right-click Services. after that click Run as administrator. If you use Security then enter your admin username and password, and then press Enter.
- When you find Windows Firewall in the list then double-click Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Startup type box, and then set it as Automatically.
- If Service status shown Stopped, click Start.
- Click on the Startup box, and then choose Automatic option.
- Then Scroll it sees Base Filtering Engine, and then double-click the Base Filtering Engine.
- If Service status is Stopped, then Click Start.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- After that Restart your Windows System and confirm whether Windows Firewall is enabled or not.
After Following all step Successfully still you get Error Code 0x8007042c then you need to try next scan the system and remove Malware Method try this.
Scan the Windows System and Remove Malware
Sometimes error code 0x8007042c arises because of the Malware present in your PC or Laptop. If you had never scan your Windows PC then need to Remove that malware. Microsoft windows Safety Scanner detects malware and automatically delete it. So, your Windows laptops work Properly.
- Download the Microsoft Safty Scanner from here
- After Download it, Follow the instruction and Install it in a Proper way.
- When you are done, save as the file to your windows desktop.
- When the installation is complete, go to your desktop and double-click the Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. It may be listed as msert.
- Press the Accept button all terms of the preceding license agreement, and then click Next two times.
- After that Start Quick Scan.
- The Windows Malware Scanner automatically detect malware and remove it.
- Click Start button, and type Windows Firewall in the Search programs box (Windows 7).
- Open Windows Firewall.
- In the left side navigation panel of Control Panel, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Click Turn on the Windows Firewall network for each network location, and then click OK.
If you still facing error code 0x8007042c then you need to try now Windows Firewall Method 3.
Start Windows Associate Service
- Type Notepad in the search menu and then click on.
- Select the following text, Press ctrl+c in the keyboard and Copy it.
- Open Notepad and Pres ctrl+v in the Notepad window and Paste it.sc config MpsSvc start= auto
sc config KeyIso start= auto
sc config BFE start= auto
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
net stop MpsSvc
net start MpsSvc
net stop KeyIso
net start KeyIso
net start Wlansvc
net start dot3svc
net start EapHostnet
net stop BFE
net start BFE
net start PolicyAgent
net start MpsSvc
net start IKEEXT
net start DcaSvcnet
net stop FwcAgent
net start FwcAgent
- In Notepad, Click on File in a menu, click Save As, and then type Repair.bat in the File Name.
- Now, Click on Save as and then click All Files (*.*).
- In the left panel, click on Desktop, and then click Save Button.
Run Windows System File Checker
The People faced 0x8007042c error sometimes just because of corrupted Windows system files. You need to repair this specific file. There is many windows File system checker tools available Download it. Or you can do it Manually using the Command Prompt.You can also download our windows system file checker. We Provided it free.
In this Post, I Posted a detailed guide on how to solve Windows Error Code 0x8007042c. If you still have any query regarding this then comment Below our team tries to Help you.